is performed with firm and consistent pressure to loosen specific areas of tightness, which will restore flexibility and movement to the body.
Deep tissue massage works deep within the muscles fibers to free up areas of pain and restriction which will help correct posture, provide stress relief, improve circulation and provide relief for people with lower back pain as well as neck and shoulder tension.
This treatment is great for breaking down stubborn knots that won’t go away. People who work on computers all day are particularly susceptible to knots and tension in their shoulders, deep tissue massage provides excellent results in this area.
Quite often the full benefits of this style of massage are not felt until 2-3 days after the treatment. The muscles need time to recover from the pressure, realign themselves and return to normal function without the inhibition of knots in the way.
Here’s a list of the many benefits that can be achieved;
- Relief from overuse syndrome conditions e.g. carpal tunnel
- Rehabilitation from car/motorcycle accidents
- Help induce quality deep sleep
- Treat and assist in preventing sporting injuries
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Help to lower heart and blood pressure
- Improve flexibility
- Breakdown scar tissue and adhesions
- Provide relief for Arthritic conditions
Important tips for post massage treatment;
- Drink lot’s of water! Massage moves and releases toxins around the body, so water will help in the flushing out process.
- Try to rest as much as possible after the treatment, its not often you will feel this relaxed.
- Avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for about two days after treatment, your body is recovering and possibly realigning itself. Please let it do so.
- Stretch your body, this is a great time to increase flexibility.
- Work on your mind e.g. meditation. Post treatment is a great time to continue relaxing your mind.